About Me

My photo
I've finally reached the point in my life where I know that Im capable of more and i'll do anything to concur it.

Wednesday 15 February 2012

Brisbane had the hustle and bustle of a city as well as the calm and beauty of a small town at the same time. Next to the big shopping malls there were small arcades with vintage clothing stores and antique shops that had hundreds of vintage accessories from scarves to rings, and hats to bracelets. There was a small shop that didn't look much at all on the outside. In fact I would have overlooked it completely if it hadn't been for my Nan liking a scarf that was on display in the window. When we walked in, it was like a fairy tale. Everything was delicate and beautiful. It was actually a vintage wedding store. There were five rails of vintage dresses-long, short, mid length, short sleeve, long sleeve-so many. Each one was different, which meant i spent at least an hour looking at each dress in detail. My favorite was an ivory dress. It was ivory colored with a strapless heart shaped neck. The waistline was clinched with a white piece of silk that gave the illusion of the dress actually being a two piece. The skirt was also an ivory lace with a delicate floral pattern. The train of the dress had an immense amount of detail that i still can't comprehend someone ever making. It was so intricate and detailed that every time you admired it you found something new. The whole dress was my dream. It was hard to part with it but once I looked at the price tag, it was a tad easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment