About Me

My photo
I've finally reached the point in my life where I know that Im capable of more and i'll do anything to concur it.

Saturday 14 July 2012

Perfect Face


I haven't done a post in forever, so what better way to restart than a post on my recent purchases while on the yearly family holiday to florida?! 
Make up is so much cheaper in the U.S. so its no surprise that I stock up on my favorites while im out there. 

I always start my makeup routine with a Primer. Specially if im expecting to wear the makeup for a long time. Smashbox photo finish is perfect. It makes my skin feel smooth and the foundation just glides on. Its also perfect for hot weather because it's so light. It also have an SPF of 15 so can easily be worn alone (which it often was while in florida!) 

Even though I have a pretty good skin, Foundation is a massive weak point for me. Im currently using 3 different ones (obviously at different times) And all have individual qualities that make them equally as good and worth the money. 
Benefit's "Hello Flawless- Oxygen WOW" is a light foundation that has an SPF of 15. Its also oil free so unlike most foundations its light and doesn't really effect my skin. I wore it quite alot while on holiday and still managed to catch a tan. Its lighter than suncream too so my face not only stayed sweat free but also kept it from looking greasy and shiny.
Im also a massive fan of Clinique's "Even better" Its thicker in texture and can be layered so that I can vary from light to full coverage. Its finished appearance is a dewy effect that gives a fresh and bright look. 
My final choice for foundation is truly a case of saving the best till last. Mac foundation select. Its a sort of cross between benefit and Clinque because its light, but can be layered for different levels of coverage.  But it leaves a dewy finishing effect with a slight hint of a matt finish. Its perfect for a glamorous look such as nights out or just when I want to make myself look a little less down in the typical english weather!

I'm quite fare, my mum says a proper english rose, I say unfortunate! So bronzer is always a tricky one for me. But i've finally found one that compliments me perfectly and thats Smashbox fusion in soft lights. Its made up of four different neautral shades which are blended together when applied. I use a fan brush for a light application across my cheek bones to give me a shimmery glow. It really completes my perfect night out look!





1 comment:

  1. I really want to try out the smash box primer! When I saw the photo on fb of all the products you bought I was soo jealous!! Let me know what else you got!! :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete